· Lesson 1: We'll introduce you to an ancient fable; “The Elephant and the Blind Men” which is the cornerstone of Consenses' curricula. The fable acts as a metaphor to teach students empathy, introspection, humility, and appreciation for those whose perspectives differ from their own.
· Lesson 2: We'll explain how Consenses works, discuss its origins in the professional art world and talk about Consenses' evolution into education.
· Lesson 3 We'll introduce you to "Essences." This game will serve as a tool to excavate students' perspectives and scaffold their interpretive skills.
· Lesson 4 We’ll introduce you to the process of interpreting a piece of art and translating its essence into another medium. You’ll get the opportunity to practice this skill.
· Lesson 5 We'll discuss the 'Elephant' in the room and show you how to pick an appropriate subject for your Consenses class.
· Lesson 6 We’ll give you an introduction and overview of the Consenses at Home curriculum and offer you a checklist to help you, as a teacher, gather everything you need before starting your own Consneses class.
· Lesson 7 We'll take you on a deep dive into the heart of the curriculum. You’ll be getting an intimate understanding of what teaching the Consenses at Home curriculum looks like by exploring lessons in depth.
· Lesson 8 We'll teach you to how to stay organized while teaching Consenses at Home. There are three tools we provide to make collecting students' work, organizing them and finally showcasing them for your final exhibition simple.
· Lesson 9 We'll close out our formal training.
· Lesson 10 You'll schedule a face-to-face 1/2 hour with Sally Taylor to ask any questions you have and we'll tour you around our Teacher Community Portal where you can find support from other certified Consenses teachers.
Once you're done with your training you'll be a certified Consenses Teacher and eligible to purchase the 'Consenses at Home' curriculum on a monthly or annual basis. The next step is to find a group of students and invite them to join you online for ten exciting, creative lessons.
“Consenses opened my eyes to so many new possibilities. I can’t stop talking about it!”
-Justine Curran, Art teacher at The Chestnut Hill School, MA